How to write a cover letter!
Components of a Cover Letter
Put full name, number and email in top right
Put today’s date and the address of the employer in the top left under the header
25 July 2021
Then put “Dear Sir/Mam”/ “Dear whoever it may concern” or “Dear Ms or Mr Surname” if you know the hiring managers name
- State that you are excited to have heard about the position
- State if someone told you to apply (e.g. my good friend Tim XYZ pointed out that you are hiring for a X role)
- State something like “I’ve reviewed the role description and feel that I meet the company needs.”
- State what skills you have that will help you succeed in the role
- Top Tip: use words that the company use in the job description
- State a few more skills/experiences that you have that will be good for the role
- State something along the lines of “I look forward to hearing back from you. Please see my attached CV/Application Form for a more indepth look at my experience”
“Thank you for your time and consideration.